Friday, December 2, 2011

How do I measure for a replacement composition doll body?

I have an antique Kestner 171 bisque doll head. It has a circumference of about 13 inches and a height of about 7 inches. I'm looking for a replacement composition body, but I don't know what size to get. I was thinking that I would probably need a body that measures about 21-21.5 inches. However, I'm not sure. These bodies can be quite expensive. Can anyone tell me how to measure so that I get the correct size? Thanks.|||Of course I can not find the chart but I have scanned the same doll and sizes from the Kestner book, By the Jan Foulke. I have the 171 just the size above yours Mine is a 6 and she 30" Tall and the body itself is 23" , her head is 7"plus a bit in height





So use the 5 to one scale





So yours is 5 at the base and 14 mold size, in total you need for her to be in total height 27" in total according to the Kestner doll book





take the 27 inches subtract the head height not including what will fit into the body and you should come up with about what you thought originally








Hope this helps if you will send me you e-mail I will be glad to send you the page I scanned in for you.








There is a number on the back of the head besides the 171 please send me that number it is the called the mold size, and then I will tell you what size body you should need. I love 171 Kestners, German dolls are done on the ratio of 5 to 1 and the french 4 to1 but I have the Coleman book and it will tell you. thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment