Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I get a wooden doll unstuck?

My daughter received a wooden doll as a gift from Germany, but it may be a traditional Russian gift. It is a doll in two parts, a top and a bottom, and we think that there are other, smaller dolls inside. The post office left it outside our house, and I think that the high humidity where we live caused the wood to swell or the varnish to stick. How can we get it unstuck? I have considered putting it in the freezer for a short time? Will that damage it?|||put it in the fridge.


It came from the cold, I live Florida and we have to keep the dolls near the ac vent near the shelf or they have to be chilled to be opened.


And use the silica gel you can get at the craft store or the stuff that comes with electronic equipment that you just can't throw away to keep it dry in storage in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment