Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How to get sharpie off my doll's nails?

I have a really expensive doll and my sisters colored her nails with purple sharpie. How do you get it off, any ideas? She is plastic, I think.|||I used to use sharpie on my keyboard to mark the notes..It came off with alcohol wipes. WARNING: anything you try could make it worse! You need to know for sure if the doll is plastic or not. I cant imagine an expensive plastic doll.


there are some suggestions here:


http://community.livejournal.com/hip_dom鈥?/a>


most suggested Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, alcohol wipes, or nail polish remover (which i think is ironic in ur case) but this is for reg ink and not sharpie...If all else fails, buy ur doll some gloves.|||i had an old cabbage patch doll i colored with sharpie type markers about 20 years ago. my mom recently found it in the attic and i wanted to clean it up to give it to my 2 year old daughter. the entire face had marker on it. i used a mr clean magic eraser. use warm water with it. and be gentle but dont be too afraid. it worked perfectly for me.|||Seriously try the Mr. Clean sponge. I swear by them. I have been amazed by things and stuff it has removed. I will be shocked if it doesn't work. It took liquid white out out of the grooves of my hard wood floors. Thanks to my 3 yr old.





**if you do try it will you let me know? I'm curious to see. Like I said I'll be shocked if it doesn't!|||Twin pines makes a product for exactly this problem. Its called Removezit I believe|||Sharpie is permanent. It will not come off your doll. I am really sorry. Maybe you should ask a specialty in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment