Saturday, November 19, 2011

How to wash permanent marker off a doll?

My daughter drew with a black sharpie on her doll. Does anyone know how to take it off? Will those Mr. Clean erasers work?|||try oxyclean powder make a paste and let it stay for about 15 minutes...dollar store has GENERIC oxyclean called sun...it works great and is a big bucket for 5.00 ...i have 4 kids and oxyclean has got out all kinds of stains....and generic works just as good...|||I just removed blue marker from two 11 1/2 inch dolls with acetone I bought from a beauty supply. I used qtips and also removed the paint on one of the eyes. Painted it back on with white gel pen and pigma micron pen.





I was careful to rinse the affected area to stop the action of the acetone when I was finished. This worked fine for a doll that is played with alot. I would not use it on a really valuable doll.|||If it is on fabric I don't know but if it on the other material (plastic-ish part) sorry I don't know what to call it. Try writing over it with a whiteboard marker then erase it with whiteboard eraser solution. It works on white boards and plastic coated cards. |||You can try the erasers but if that doesn't work try nail polish remover. That is what I have used to get it off of my daughter so it might work with a doll.|||Try taking it off with rubbing alcohol.I'm pretty sure this will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment