Thursday, November 24, 2011

How to make a good looking doll with a 99 cent doll?

I want to put some materials together and make a nice looking doll out of a bratz and or 99 cent doll. I mean kind of how you M. Alice did when she made a Dinah doll (I would pay for her to make it but it is waaaaay to expensive). You know how you can do make-up things with a dollfie. I was thinking to design a doll to make it look better my way. What kind of paint I need you know? Oh and by the way, How much is a bleeding edge doll and where can you buy them?|||Ebay should have all the materials and all the informational books that you need to do this. I looked into it once and then decided that I didn't have steady enough hands to re-paint and re-work a doll. They are called OOAK dolls on Ebay and you can look under that for one of a kind dolls, for instructions and materials on how to do this, you can look under re-painting dolls instructions or materials, whichever you choose to look under first. There is also a wealth of info on the internet under the same headings.|||so u have made one with the cheap material|||I don't know how to repaint but I can tell you a simple thing to do that makes the dolls look pretty awesome when they are finished. When you are styling the hair, sew beads into the hairdo. The way I usually start mine is to decide how I want to do the hair and then just find a spot that won't show and tie a knot around it with the thread and start stringing beads and sewing them in. Make sure the thread you use won't show too badly in the hair or just make sure you have enough beads to cover all the thread. It makes for some pretty elegant looking hair styles.


I had bought a doll from a lady in a group- the doll's hair was so knotted and tangled that by the time I got done getting all the tangles out, she had some bald spots. I put the hair in a ponytail and did the beadwork in it- you would never know that doll is missing some hair under the ponytail!





I think you would use acrylic paints to do your repaint. And even if you don't think you're quite ready for a full repaint yet- you could always do little touches to the doll to make it look a little different. I have redressed quite a few dolls and just added a little bit of shiny nail polish around the eyes or lips to change the makeup color or just touch it up a bit. And also- if the doll is just meant to be a display doll and won't be handled a lot- if you are going for a shiny or sparkly look on the eyes- any kind of makeup you have that has a sparkle to it, you can apply that on the existing eye makeup to give it some shine and sparkle. I've done that a few times too.





I hope this helps. I'm not a repaint artist- just someone who has done the best at restyling dolls with the limited talents I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment